Monday 27 April 2009

Its your letters -write to Deer Steve

This was a deer from Lyme Park before I butchered it in my rushed cutout!

The first letter chosen for this section:

“Deer Steve,

I have this acquaintance, who we'll call "S" for anonymity. Apart from me, S has no friends which means no one sends letters into his blog. He's asked me to write in which I think is a vanity thing to make him look popular. I don't want to turn him down because I'm afraid he might hurt himself or someone else, but I'd feel like a fraud if I wrote in and pretended to be someone I’m not.

What should i do?

Yours truly confused and concerned,

Anon

Cheltenham”

If I were put in this situation, I would find a way to approach S in a calm and mature fashion. You should find a gentle method of communication that will allow him time to absorb the information slowly at his own pace. This way you are more likely to avoid any serious repercussions. I would suggest writing a letter or an email. Perhaps a gentle discussion could follow -ask him how he feels and ensure that he feels loved. I always find honesty is the best solution provided you go about it in the correct way.

On a side note, I do feel sorry for S and I’m glad I’m not in that situation. 

edit added:

I’d like to say thanks to my Mum for writing in with that letter. Sorry I missed your call, I got your message though, and I’m feeling fine. Love you too Mum.

/edit 

Continue sending your letters to s.p.stone@gmail.com

 

PS Check out the new news section on the right from time to time. This will change as the blog matures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment