Wednesday 29 April 2009

My first vegetable patch

Once upon a time in garden far across town two people were sat drinking cold homemade lemonade in the weekend sun. Whilst discussing the wondrous spring in all its glory, one of them spoke up, “I have seeds,” they said whilst the other declared with great grandeur “and I, have a garden” –This was the less intelligent comment, for that is where they were sat. However, the point was made and without one more word spoken aloud they set to work in perfect harmony. 

Forks and spades, and trowels and rakes, watering cans and of course bare hands were working at such a rate they could barely be seen.

 Oh no said one, I’ve snapped your mums gardening fork. Barely being able to move for laughter the other said don’t worry, we have a spare mum wont mind. They ran inside, and from outside was heard a cry “you’ve done what?! A spare we’ve got? I don’t think so!" -Oh dear, oh no. Still they struggled on, and before too long with pride they sat and said, “we did that”

My first vegetable patch, hopefully a Sunday afternoon well spent.

PS Sorry about the fork. It must’ve of been rotten. Maybe.

Size isnt everything -There are 1500 Carrots, and around 1300 lettuces in this small piece of Cheshire. I'm confident they will all grow. There's even room for some Runner Beans at the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment